Saturday, January 12, 2008

A further note on Taxes

Some helpful links provided by our state government.

I-FILE AVAILABLE TO INDIANA TAXPAYERS
I-FILE is a free online tax filing service for the state of Indiana that all Indiana residents are eligible to use, provided you meet just a couple of requirements. To qualify to use I-File, you must have completed your 2007 federal return, have filed an individual return in any format with the state of Indiana in the past, and your first or last name must not have been legally changed since you last filed.

I-FILE is beneficial for taxpayers as it helps filers avoid clerical and mathematical errors on their returns, helps filers receive refunds more quickly and can be a good option if you wait to the last minute to file. I-FILE benefits the Department of Revenue as well, as the department is able to process returns more quickly and at a savings of 96 cents per return.

To use I-FILE, please visit the Department of Revenue’s I-FILE website. To download Indiana state tax instructions and forms for the current year and for previous years, please visit the forms page. If you have to file state taxes for a state other than Indiana, visit the Federation of Tax Administrators link to forms for all 50 states.

Indiana Department of Revenue, I-File: http://www.in.gov/dor/ifile/

Indiana Department of Revenue, Tax Forms: http://www.in.gov/dor/taxforms/

Part-year resident or employee in another state: http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/link/forms.html